Southern-Style Cornbread Dressing
- 1-14 Oz Bag Herb-seasoned Stuffing
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Sweet Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 Cups Celery (finely chopped)
- 5 Cups Chicken Stock
- 5 Lg Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 Tsp Sage
- Salt and Pepper
- Melt 1 stick butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 10 to12 minutes.
- Add the onion and celery to the cornbread mixture.
- Melt the remaining stick of butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, chicken stock, eggs, and sage, and whisk to combine.
- Add to the cornbread mixture and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Season generously with kosher salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until the dressing is set and golden brown, about 45 minutes to 50 minutes.