Smoked Turkey Brine
- 1 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Gallon Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tbsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 1/2 Tsp Allspice Berries
- 1 1/2 Tsp Candied Ginger (chopped)
- 1 Gallon Heavily Iced Water
- Combine the vegetable stock, salt, brown sugar, peppercorns, allspice berries, and candied ginger in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally to dissolve solids and bring to a boil.
- Then remove the brine from the heat, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate.